How to Pack your Dance Bag for St. Patrick’s Day
Here’s the scene: it’s St. Patrick’s Day once again and you, an Irish dancer, are racing from show to show, entertaining all in your St. Paddy’s Day path, dodging blisters, taping shoes, and pinning hair on the fly. Aside from a ton of energy and love of dance, what’s the one thing you need to pull it all off? A well-packed dance bag! Make sure you have everything on-hand with this handy-dandy St. Pat’s Packing List:
The Absolute Must-Haves:
- Hardshoes – Right and Left, preferably both yours
- Softshoes – Right and Left also both yours
- Costume – Solo dress, School dress, Show outfit, whatever it is, make sure you have it.
- Bloomers/Trunks. Don’t be that person.
- Socks – Poodle socks or black ones for under your tights, you need at least 2
The Really Kinda Needs:
- Gaff of Duct Tape
- Blister Balm or Booties
- Shoe Elastics (if you use them)
- Knee or Ankle Braces (if you need them)
- Bobby Pins
- Roller Pins
- Hair Ties/Elastics
- Warm sweatpants that fit over your shoes, tights, etc.
- Jacket – stay warm between shows
- Slip-On Shoes for quick exits – you’ve got places to be!
The Nice to Haves:
- Buckles (if you wear them)
- Dress Shields (to protect your dress)
- Hair Donut/Bun Builder
- Pouf Comb/Bumpit
- Mascara – WATERPROOF!!!
- An iPod – keep the tunes going in the car and have a backup if the music fails!
- Hardshoe Laces – guaranteed to snap at the worst possible time.
- Softshoe Laces – likewise
- Socks – Poodle or otherwise
- Tights – runs happen. Be prepared.
- Pads or Tampons. You never know.
It’s a busy day and you absolutely will forget something, but with a little luck (and care) it’ll be your spare socks instead of your new solo! Check your bag for your Absolute Must-Haves and anything valuable as you leave each venue and try not to sweat the small stuff. And don’t forget to have fun!
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!!